Join a great team where students are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo Campus Services is seeking a Retail Food Service Manager 2 for its Dining services at Lake Superior State University, Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan Approximately 5 minutes from Sault Ste Marie Canada, LSSU campus encompasses a rich historical part of Sault Ste. Marie and the fort that over looked the Soo Locks. LSSU is a state operated University in the northern part of the Upper Peninsula. Relocation is available!
Lake Superior State University is a state college located in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Located on the Saint Mary's River and minutes from the International bridge connecting Michigan to Canada. We are seeking a Retail Manager to oversee two Retail Locations along with Concessions. Lake Superior State University has a long history of being a Hockey College with Concessions for Hockey, Basketball, Volleyball and Club Sports. The position will oversee a mixture of full time, part time and student workers at all retail locations.
LSSU Dining Services offers diverse dining options to the campus community, including a chef-driven residential dining program and exciting retail concepts. Sodexo's dining services offer 2 Retail locations, residential dining, catering and concessions. This Retail Food Service Manager will oversee retail venues and concessions.
We are looking for candidates who will manage:
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Relocation is available!
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Responsible for food quality & customer service in an operation that may have branded concepts or other retail offerings. Directs the work of hourly & supervisory food service workers.
- Ensures there is a zero harm mindset for ourselves, our customers, our food & employees.
- Directs daily operations of food quality & customer service in a retail food operation that may include branded concepts ensuring that employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources.
- Manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies.
- Maintains client satisfaction for food quality & customer service.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities of food service workers.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.