Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager 2 for the Universities segment at Curry College in Milton, MA. Sodexo will manage the residential dining, multiple retail venues, and catering. Students today are constantly on the go, expecting healthier dining choices, excellent service and lots of flexibility for where and when they choose to eat. We understand students and meet their ever-changing needs. That is why Sodexo Education is the leading campus dining provider, serving more than 600 higher education campuses throughout the country.
Curry College is a showcase account with a well-established senior Sodexo management team and a highly involved client network. The Catering Manager 2 will be responsible for the daily management of all catered events including booking, pricing, billing, staffing, setup direction and pre & post event follow-up. Position develops and maintains catering menu & costing and hires, schedules and trains catering staff in a union environment, as well as daily interaction with clients and customers. This position does require some involvement in the day to day management of both the resident dining and retail units of the account during slower seasonal fluctuations of catering business. This is an opportunity for individuals who thrive in a fast paced environment and have a passion for hospitality, with the support of a large network of professionals and a variety of career growth options.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and will have/be:
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.