*** This role is Remote and can sit near any major airport**
The Director, Sales Operations (DSO) directs the firm’s support investments in sales force effectiveness and manages functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, administration, and recruiting of sales force talent. The DSO is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization, including Inside Sales at the MSDC. Reporting to the entegra Vice President Sales, the DSO fosters close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization’s efficient operation and success. The DSO may manage one or more Managers Sales Operations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization. Provides leadership to the sales organization, and counsel to the entegra Vice President Sales, in implementing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect the firm’s business goals. Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within entegra.
- Partners with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Works with Business Performance to establish processes and ensure these processes are implement in the sales organization with accountability measures in place. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch – facilitates the needs to Business Performance and provides input as processes are established. Fosters an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Working closely with sales leadership and Human Resources, establishes a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies. Prioritizes training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles. Oversees the delivery of field and HQ training to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel.
- Works closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities – facilitates the needs to Business Performance and provides input into programs during development.
- Ensures sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales organization. Develops new reporting tools as needed. Coordinates with sales leadership, business performance and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives or to provide input into what is needed.
- Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity. Works closely with the entegra technology staff to understand the sales and technology strategy. Recommends changes and enhancements to the company Customer Engagement Management (CEM) technology platform.
Typical Knowledge & Skills
- Strong working knowledge of GPO industry and understanding of entegra’s business model and complex internal systems and ways of working
- Strong understanding of Sales Processes
- Proven experience in Food or Food Distribution Industry
- Proven expertise and experience in one of the following four industry segments: Senior Care; Lodging/Casinos; Sports & Leisure; Restaurants
- Demonstrated strong project management skills
- Proven strong managerial sales administration skills
- Exceptional communication skills