Are you a strategic Facilities professional who can drive innovation with exceptional results? As you grow your career, do you want the support of an industry leader in Facilities Management?
Sodexo Corporate Services has an exciting new opportunity for a Director of Facilities Operation to lead a large portfolio for a financial banking client. The position will cover the operation of South Florida (Miami and Fort Lauderdale) Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Jamaica, Trinidad, Barbados, Haiti and Dominican Republic. Serve as a cluster lead of the account, direct communication with the third-party contractors in the Caribbean islands and managing the day to day operations in south Florida and Puerto Rico.
The Director will be responsible for the integrated facilities management of locations in Miami, Fort Lauderdale and the Puerto Rico. Duties/ Responsibilities include:
- Directs preventative maintenance, proactive & reactive repair maintenance issues using skilled trades, i.e. HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems
- Directs custodial operations to ensure healthy and attractive facilities conducive to learning;
- Directs grounds, landscape and maintenance operations to ensure a safe and attractive environment
- Oversees maintenance of property infrastructure, e.g., building, roofing, parking lot;
- May oversee or manage small renovations or constructions projects;
- Manages regulatory preparation, physical plant troubleshooting and project management;
- Oversees equipment and systems replacement or upgrades.
- Evaluates condition and function of building utility systems to determine needs and priorities for capital funding requests;
- Ensures building code compliance, proper installation and design practices for systems associated with minor or major maintenance and renovation projects;
- Provides direction and oversight for the development and implementation of an overall emergency
- Acts as a liaison between the client and regulatory agencies and/or authorities including building code
- Provides and applies practical knowledge regarding building maintenance;
- Manages all tradespersons, managers, supervisors and employees of the Facilities Department.
- Reviews and evaluates existing programs, services, policies and procedures.
- Develops recommendations for the DM and unit liaison concerning improvements and implements or guides implementation of new and/or modified programs, services, policies or procedures;
- Communicates with client administrative and supervisory staff as well as external groups, agencies,
contractors, architects and engineers to plan, organize, coordinate and/or communicate programs, services, policies and/or procedures;
- Monitors flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of workload and adherence to facility’s
standards and regulations;
- Prepares and manages departmental records, reports, and budgets, which may include energy savings program;
- Manages and ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory and governing agencies;
- Monitors work performance and preparing and/or reviewing performance evaluations for assigned personnel.
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by performing safety audits, inspections, and
- Often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., laundry, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.
- May be responsible for inhouse fire response team and in-house safety committee.
Our ideal candidate will have
- Education or Equivalent Experience: Four (4) year degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering,
Construction Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of education
training and experience in skilled trades;
- Minimum of three (3) years of management/ supervisory experience in integrated facilities management including hard and soft FM services;
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of HVAC, utilities and piped gas systems preferred
- Computer literacy with excellent technical, organizational, interpersonal and written/verbal skills
- Must speak Spanish and English (many team members speak only Spanish)
- Must be willing to travel to Puerto Rico for up to 1 week per month
- Strong communication skills
- Data Center experience
- Banking Sector experience
- Financial acumen
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.