Are you an experienced Catering Manager that has a passion for high end catering and is looking for an exciting and challenging new position? Look no further!
Sodexo has a great opportunity available for a talented Catering Manager 3 at a prestigious corporate client, located in New York, NY.
As the Catering Manager you will be tasked with the booking, coordination and execution of catering events. Services include pantry set up and maintanence.
The successful candidate will be able to work and oversee multiple functions and setups. The candidate will also be responsible for supervising and working with the event staff, making sure events are prepped and ready for the next day. Schedule flexibility is a necessity. There is a lot of direct contact with clients.
The best qualified candidate will have the following:
- Hands on Corporate Service catering experience
- Experience with both casual and fine dining catering/banquet management
- Prior high volume catering service experience
- Experience training and leading a catering staff
- Experience with catering set up and execution
- Experience writing catering menus
- Experience coordinating and executing multiple events daily
- Experience with labor controls, managing catering inventory and using catering software
- Excellent customer and client relations skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- An ability to transform spaces and create an experience for guests
- The ability to work with clients on creating events to their exacting detail
- Culinary acumen is preferred
- Union experience a plus
Sound like the opportunity you've been searching for? Apply today to grow with Sodexo, a world leader in Quality of Life Services!
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Serviceshttp://www.sodexousa.com/usen/careers/careers.aspx
Sodexo Corporate Environments - Click HERE to read more
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry devices http://bit.ly/Ail5qR
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.