Are you looking for outstanding opportunity for career growth?
Currently, Sodexo is seeking an organized, detail-oriented Food Production Manager 3 to be the leader/owner of the culinary process at USMC Parris Island, Messhall 6012.
The best candidate must have large volume food production experience and be a true “foodie” with attention to taste, presentation and customer service.
This new facility is the largest Messhall on the East Coast for recruit Marines and provides the highest food quality to serve the US marines at this ‘state-of-the-art,” Mess Hall
As the Food Production Manager you will be a part of the team feeding up to 14,000 meals per day (4,600 per meal period) seven days a week, this unit serves two different training battalions in support of recruits basic training.
Menus and recipes served are approved by the client with little flexibility. This unit includes the Centralized Bakery that produces and ships the pastries needed for the district.
Ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas of managing the back of the house:
Sodexo management team of 9
7 serving lines
14,000 meals per day
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission.
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a large facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.