The University of Pittsburgh is a large urban campus with an enrollment of 28,000 students. Sodexo provides resident dining, retail, catering, club and sports & leisure on campus with a total volume of $ 40 million annually.
The Cathedal cafe is located in the main admintrative building and features a Chil Fil A, Starbucks, Sushi, Salad station, Deli station, Grill and Grab N Go items.
The position will oversee 35 hourly employees, a supervisor and 1 salaried manager.
The ideal candidate should have exceptional leadership and team building skills, excellent communication skills, strong client relations, experience in managing high volume and delivering exceptional customer service.
Responsible for food quality & customer service in an operation that may have branded concepts or other retail offerings. Directs the work of hourly and supervisory food service workers, as well as other managers.
- Ensures there is a zero harm mindset for ourselves, our customers, our food & employees.
- Directs daily operations of food quality & customer service in a retail food operation that may include branded concepts ensuring that employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources.
- Manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies.
- Maintains client satisfaction for food quality & customer service.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities of food service workers, supervisors & managers.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of work experience in concessions, retail sales, or store operations
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.