Pepperdine University is located on 830 acres of hillside overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Malibu beaches and Santa Monica. Sodexo Dining Services is seeking an exceptional leader with a resume of extraordinary results in high profile events to join our team as the “hands-on” Catering Director for the Villa Graziadio Executive Center a Premier Conference Center, with thirty-two overnight/lodging rooms, forty thousand square feet of meeting space located on the graduate campus of the beautiful Pepperdine University in Malibu CA.
This is a high profile and fast paced account with high expectations from our clients, clientele, and organization located in beautiful Malibu, California. Events take place on and off campus and our services include simple wholesome presentations to very high end productions all with seasonal and sustainable menus.
This position is accountable for the:
The ideal candidate will poses:
Your success will be measured by your ability to:
Do you believe that one must not eat to live, but must live to eat? Do you wish to be part of a forward thinking, passionate, and dedicated team? Do you consider yourself to be highly guest service oriented and believe that we are here to teach others about great foods and service while delivering such - then this may be the right place for you to grow your career and apply your skills by joining the Sodexo team at Pepperdine!
Sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for. Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Take a sneak peek at how Sodexo can contribute to your well-being: http://bit.ly/yPf9G. #
Take a look at Sodexo Dining Services at Pepperdine: http://bit.ly/2hnMDvH
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.