Sodexo is seeking a Human Resource Manager to provide support to a hospital system in the greater Modesto, CA area. Candidates should live within the region. The selected individual will be part of a Human Resource team supporting approximately 260 non-exempt staff in 4 locations situated throughout the greater Modesto, CA and surrounding areas.
The selected individual will be responsible for implementing, coordinating and/or administration of HR programs, policies and procedures for all Frontline staff. They will participate in and/or lead HR initiatives and special projects. They will be the lead for key HR functions such as Employee Relations, talent acquisition and development, and legal & regulatory compliance. Will require some travel within the local area and occasional travel to San Luis Obispo county. Some weekend and holiday work is possible.
The best qualified candidates will have a broad understanding of company HR programs and policies, as well as a working knowledge of all aspects of Federal and State employment regulations as they pertain to Human Resources. The selected individual must be able to manage multiple projects while performing the day-to-day duties and responsibilities of the position. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written are essential. Previous experience working in a union environment is preferred. Candidate should have a demonstrated level of proficiency in spreadsheets and Microsoft Office using a variety of PC applications. This position demands that candidates be results and people-oriented, possess strong analytical skills, while demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness. The ability to exercise independent judgment is critical.
Previous experience as a Human Resource Manager and/or a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management is desired. The best qualified candidates must be able to present to large groups at all levels, as well as interact effectively in a one-on-one setting. They must be self-starters with a strong sense of urgency. Previous human resource experience in a multi-unit or system environment is desired as is experience in a union environment.
"Seeking bilingual candidates; the ability to speak the Spanish language will assist in managing this workforce.”
Sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for. Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Please visit the Sodexo Network with Us page and consider signing up
Functions as the leader for multiple core services, in a single account and/or multiple locations within the same contract. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of business that in total is greater than $10 million in managed volume
- Monitors operations by planned and unplanned visits to each operating account of the system to plan projects, implement new processes, client interactions, and new technology to ensure sufficient resources.
- Develops business plan and budget w/each account GM that supports the System and District goals – Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data and other financial information to ensure attainment of financial goals for both the client and Sodexo.
- Central Point of Contact for Client Liaison promoting a solid business partnership - assists in contract negotiations for the system.
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards – reviews and maintains reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership to the respective units within the system to maintain client satisfaction and retention
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of HR experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.