Sodexo is seeking a General Manager of Custodial/Environmental Services for Tenet Health System at Detroit Receiving Hospital. We are in search of an experienced, results driven, Director level leader to take over a very large Hospital in the Detroit area. DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital, Michigan’s first Level I Trauma Center, is a constant and innovative force in the evolution of emergency medicine. Receiving hosts one of the busiest and most well-equipped emergency departments anywhere, training nearly half of practicing emergency medicine physicians in Michigan. The oldest and largest verified burn center in the state is at Receiving, and is one of only 63 in the country.
Driving high Patient Satisfaction scores, leading a team of 80 employees, developing people, providing strategic business plans that drive efficiencies and excellent client/customer satisfaction is required. Candidate will require prior General Manager or Director level experience for an Environmental Services healthcare department with direct reports and frontline staff. This director level position includes oversite of managers and a frontline housekeeping team, delivering high quality services at a very dynamic acute care hospital with a focus on driving patient satisfaction.
Exceptional communication, unit financial, interpersonal and technical skills are necessary. This individual must have good knowledge of Sodexo ES operating systems including FOSS and CARES, TRAKKAR and SHINE. Must have proven record to drive HCAHPS results to a high level and understand ENGAGE patient satisfaction process. Overall, will need to motivate hourly staff and maintain cleaning quality to a very high level. Driving client engagement and patient/employee satisfaction is essential for the success of this role. Additionally, the ideal candidate for this position will have prior experience in successfully achieving consistent, high levels of customer satisfaction with patients, visitors, staff and multiple key clients. The selected candidate will also need to have the ability to hardwire systems in order to ensure a sustained effort of achieving standards and she/he must be diligent with follow through and visibility within the hospital.
Detroit Receiving offers expertise in many specialty services, including emergency medicine and trauma, critical care, orthopaedics, neurosciences, nephrology, pulmonology, diabetes, geriatrics and urology. Boasting the state’s leading 24/7 hyperbaric oxygen program and Metro Detroit’s first certified primary stroke center, Detroit Receiving is a leader in senior care with our nationally recognized Rosa Parks Geriatric Center. A Center of Excellence for disaster preparedness, the experts at Detroit Receiving have made it the model for regional, state, national and federal agencies.
High Visibility. Challenging Opportunities. Rewarding Environment. Apply to this job today and become a GM of EVS. We foster an environment where employees are family, where the work is invigorating and satisfying, and where we share common values and a commitment to your future – your quality of life.
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.