Sodexo Education is seeking a Food Operations Manager to assist with managing a large food and nutrition program for Putnam City and Bethany School Districts. This role will oversee several schools within the district, providing excellent client relations and coaching a staff of food service workers that serve breakfast, lunch, and catering to students and staff daily. Putnam City and Bethany consists of 29 schools and serves over 16,000 meals per day. The unit has over 160 employees and serves high quality, healthy, and nutritous meals daily in a dynamic environment.
The Food Operations Manager works with the Area General Manager and clients in all matters relating to the National School Lunch Program and Food Management for the contract. The Operations Manager will direct day to day operations of our dining facilities.
The ideal candidates have the following:
Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter with stellar communication skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment. Experience managing a food service team in an education
Keywords: Food service, schools, K-12, food, #LinkedIn
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Assumes General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in his/her absence
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.