Sodexo's Government business segment is seeking a qualified Vice President of Sales ideally to be located in our Gaithersburg, MD office (other locations considered that reside in our business portfolio for growth.) This position is a member of our government leadership team and reports directly to the VP, Contracts Government.
Our client/customer base business portfolio focuses on the Department of Defense, Federal, State and Local Government Agencies. This leadership role will supervise a team of sales executes/and proposal team function primarily located near or in our Gaithersburg, MD office.
This leadership position will be responsible for:
- Working within the regional government to achieve safe operations and profitable growth through new sales and through business development (retention, white spaces)
- Establishing a true sales and business development approach, culture, behaviors and action plan to develop the Government business
- Driving and being accountable for results and a winning sales culture through implementation of winning and consistent sales processes & behaviors
- Working collaboratively with the other sales leaders and team members within the Government segment to drive growth targets and share best practices and sales prospects across sub-government lines (when relevant) and across geographies to ensure that overall targets and outcomes are met
- Working with the CEO Government and Operations to develop the government sales strategy (in line with the Government strategic priorities) to deliver on our Quality of Life positioning
- Acting as the ‘voice of our customer’ within the government leadership circles and the Government global team to communicate customer and consumer demands, offer needs, and market realities and work with the CEO Government and transversal teams to ensure delivery to these needs.
- Representing Sodexo at industry and client events to establish relationships and brand presence with strategic target clients
- Ensuring the transfer of best practices from deals/customer solutions across the world
- Supporting deals in countries where there is no dedicated government sales team if required
- Leading strategic prospects and bidding processes for the largest or most strategic deals and own the customer relationships and winning culture approach
- Participating and actively engaging with Sales Council colleagues to ensure that sharing of best practices and value is brought through internal networks
- Delivering the above points within our organization which requires discipline, rigor and appropriate influencing skills and leadership behaviors as per group values and principles.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Proven background and understanding of selling within the Federal and Dept of Defense Government space (Preferred)
- The ability to travel as needed, up to 50% if located within the DC Metro area.
- Prior experience selling complex services within a Government portfolio, within a prime contractor and sub-contractor business model; Joint Ventures and Public Private Partnerships