Lead. Grow. Inspire. Sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for? Apply TODAY!
Job # 66891 - Sodexo Universities is seeking a motivated Catering Manager 2 to lead our rapidly growing catering program at Florida State University, in beautiful Tallahassee, FL. Florida State University is a Preeminent University with an enrollment of approximately 42,000.
In this role you report to the Catering Director and assist with all aspects of the catering operation, focus on providing high level of customer service and special attention to detail. Critical to your success is a keen understanding of exceptional customer experiences and the ability to make decisions that best reflect Seminole Dining, Sodexo, and Florida State University's mission.
Your position has primary event execution responsibilities for all Campus Catering events. Events include VIP and presidential functions, receptions, banquets, weddings, buffet meals, casual and executive boxed lunches, beverage breaks, snack breaks, picnics, and other special events.
Do you have these skills? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Ability to oversee the set-up and execution of all catered events
Collaborate on event planning with our Ex Chef & campus coordinators
Assist with pricing, menu costing, and billing as needed
Maintain composure in difficult situations
Follow up with clients for feedback after events
Hire, schedule, and train catering staff
Maintain employee and vendor relations to run a successful catering operation
Ensure all HACCP safety protocols are strictly followed by all employees
Assist the GM with establishing operating standards
Implement quality improvements & communicate them to employees
Meet deadlines and deliverables
Demonstrate eagerness, enthusiasm, optimism, passion, and integrity on the job
Florida State University http://www.fsu.edu/
Schedule varies with weekends and holidays determined by events
Relocation assistance is available for this position
Sodexo Benefits at a glance; http://bit.ly/12E1uUf
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Services http://www.sodexousa.com/usen/careers/careers.aspx
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry devices http://m.sodexo.jobs/jobs_app.htm
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.