Sodexo is seeking an Environmental Services/Custodial General Manger/Director to support Children's Hospital of Michigan. This is a specialty Acute Care facility located in Detroit, MI and is part of the Tenet Health System Detroit Medical Center. Looking for an experienced leader that is self motivated and has a passion and drive to deliver expected top quality, patient satisfaction.
The successful candidate will function as the one site LEADER of the EVS dept and should have extensive experience in managing in a very high fast paced, high volume environment. Experience in patient throughput, bed tracking, safety, high quality cleaning standards. The ability to effectively communicate goals and initiatives throughout the organization. Will oversee a team of 125, plus 1 additional off site clinic. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years previous Operations/Director level custodial or housekeeping experience in a hospital or healthcare environment with a proven track record of improving Patient Satisfaction/Employee Engagement/Client Engagement/and HIGH ENERGY.
Since 1886, the Children's Hospital of Michigan has been dedicated to providing the highest quality of care to children and adolescents in a caring, efficient and family-centered environment. A proud member of the Detroit Medical Center (DMC), the Children's Hospital of Michigan is the first children's hospital in the state. This 228-bed facility has an international reputation in pediatric medicine, surgery and research, training more pediatricians than any other facility in Michigan.
Proven results in positively impacting HCAHPS and patient happiness, superior interpersonal skills and a track record of being highly integrated with the ability to build relationships throughout the organizations they have previously worked at is a must. Must have experience with joint commission inspections and be completely familiar with all regulations governing hospitals, to include biohazard waste and pharmaceutical waste. This position will lead a staff of front-line hourly employees, and will report directly to the District Manager. Also, a proven Sodexo background with our UOS (Unit Operating Systems), TRAKKAR, HUR, FOSS, CARES and demonstrated organized leadership style and drive for result approach to hold all employees and management team members accountable for results on a daily basis is highly desired.
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.