From the Gulf of Mexico to the Arctic Ocean and from the Pacific Coast to the Atlantic, Sodexo provides Quality of Life Services that support the needs of our clients in the Energy & Resources market segments, reinforcing client operations in both onshore and offshore environments.
Sodexo Energy & Resources in partnership with Ballard Hospitality is seeking a Multi-Service General Manager for its Sulphur, Louisiana location to lead the food service and housekeeping operations at an 800 person, remote construction camp. Reporting directly to the Resident District Manager, this manager will have oversight of 124 non-union, hourly Sodexo/Ballard Hospitality employees, three chefs, one housekeeping supervisor and four housekeeping leads. We also have a Billeting Manager on-site along with a Head Security Guard and Maintenance Supervisor.
This Multi-Service General Manager will be in a unique position to work a four week on/two week off schedule. Travel expenses to and from the site to accommodate this schedule will be paid by Sodexo. Living accommodations will be provided in an apartment-style trailer at the site.
Food service management will involve oversight of staff in two kitchens and serving in two dining areas to produce breakfast, lunch and dinner. A small commissary/convenience store offering snack foods and pre-packaged, ready-to-eat foods will also be under this management umbrella. Small amounts of catering are produced on-site as well.
Housekeeping management will involve the oversight of staff who clean the guest living quarters in the form of five-room trailers (each of the 800 guests on the site is assigned a bedroom and bathroom totaling approximately 100 square feet each), along with the common areas at the site.
What’s in it for you? This is the largest camp that Sodexo operates in all of North America so there is a clear career path for a successful candidate to rise into a higher position in a smaller Sodexo Remote Sites camp. The opportunities are endless!
Primary Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
Successful candidates will demonstrate experience, success and proficiency in the following areas:
For more information on Sodexo Energy & Resources click here!
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Serviceshttp://www.sodexousa.com/usen/careers/careers.aspx
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry devices http://m.sodexo.jobs/jobs_app.htm
Functions as the leader for multiple core services, in a single account and/or multiple locations within the same contract. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of business that in total is $5 million or less in managed volume.
- Monitors operations by planned and unplanned visits to each operating account of the system to plan projects, implement new processes, client interactions, and new technology to ensure sufficient resources.
- Develops business plan and budget w/each account GM that supports the System and District goals – Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data and other financial information to ensure attainment of financial goals for both the client and Sodexo.
- Central Point of Contact for Client Liaison promoting a solid business partnership - assists in contract negotiations for the system.
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards – reviews and maintains reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership to the respective units within the system to maintain client satisfaction and retention
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.