Are you an experienced Catering Manager that has a passion for high end catering and is looking for an exciting and challenging new position? Look no further!
Sodexo Campus Services business segment is seeking an exceptional Catering Manager 2 to round out our outstanding management team at the University of Louisiana Lafayette located in Lafayette, LA. This Catering Manager will oversee an innovative, high end catering program for a very high end, high profile client as well as oversee the day to day catering scheduling/technical delivery of catering – managing up to 35 events per week. Sodexo provides Banquet catering services, on and off premise catering from casual to fine dining, Suites, Club and Banquet Catering Services.
This Catering Manager 2 will create elegant and sophisticated catering experiences that exceed culinary and service expectations while enhancing client program objectives. This position is responsible for the organization and execution of all catering events, management of event-day employees, 1 catering coordinator, and will work closely with our talented Executive Chef.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the organization and execution of all catering events and have demonstrated knowledge in casual and fine dining, and banquet management as well as strong writing, costing, menu development and pricing skills. Experience with directing catering operations, Banquet Catering wait staff, buffet lines and all day break services. Additional skills include experience in high volume activity, employee/staff training, labor management and control systems.
The ideal candidate will have:
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.