Sodexo is looking for an Environmental Services / Custodial General Manager 3 for two Vidant Health locations. This position will manage two locations within the Vidant Health System located in eastern North Carolina. The total sq ft of net cleanable space is approximately 600,000. This is a non union environment and the GM will manage a total of 70 FTe's on the client payroll. Both units are approximately 80 miles outside of Raleigh, NC.
Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Edgecombe Hospital in Tarboro, NC. Vidant Edgecombe Hospital is a modern 117-bed full service acute care facility.
Vidant Beaufort Hospital, located in Washington, NC is a 142-bed not-for-profit hospital offering acute care services and a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services in the region.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a General Manager or Director of a large Environmental Services healthcare department or hospital setting. Experience in financials and managing a client budget with 5-10 years’ experience in healthcare will make the candidate successful.
The best qualified candidate for this position will have superior Client & Customer Service skills as you will interface with the hospital administrators, CEOs, COOs, directors of Nursing and other hospital departments on a frequent basis. Knowledge of Joint Commission Regulations and other regulatory guidelines and previous custodial management experience in a large health care account is highly desired. This position offers the potential for career growth and the opportunity to make every day a better day for our patients, residents and their families.
Sodexo is a leading provider in this market. Join a growing company today!
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.