Sodexo is currently seeking an Executive Chef 3 for Bristol Regional Medical Center.
This position duties will include but will not be limited to menu planning and implementation, retail, catering, and executive dining, production systems, client interaction and retention, procurement, and chef training. Implements business practices in order to uphold Sodexo’s mission and Values. Ensures food costing is accurate and updated. Maintains cleanliness and sanitation schedules. Directs chefs/cooks in proper cooking, preparing and serving food. Ensures compliance with all HACCP and Gold Check standards and all health inspections. Maintains par levels for food stuffs. Ensures all labeling and dating is accurate. Cooks and prepares special functions foods as needed.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Directly manage retail, patient feeding, catering chefs as well as purchasing and catering manager. Maintains chef/manager schedules. Cover chefs/manager schedule as needed.
- Responsible for yearly evaluation and goals for chefs and managers through the use of Ingenium.
- Implementation and standardization of all culinary systems and procedures for hospital: Catering, Retail menus, LTO’S, STG, Mindful, garnishing, panning charts, production, puree standardization, FMS sheets, inventory control, HACCP, cleaning schedules, staffing plans, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness, safety, etc. Sodexo standards will be the benchmark.
- FMS: Monitoring, Audits, implementation and standardization for new menus.
- Responsible for Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all hourly associates.
- Gold Check audits: Conduct audits, create action plans based on audit findings. Responsible for keeping and updating GC audit books.
- Procurement: Work with vendors on procurement items. Responsible for purchasing manager and purchasing financial audits.
- Continue sustainability program with the direction of Director of Culinary Operations.
- Conduct yearly culinary foundations training to all cooks.
- Mentor and train chefs. Guide chefs in unit to ACF certification with guidance from Director of Culinary Operations.
- Responsible for all catering functions. Improve and standardize catering and banquet services. Create menus based on client needs. Prepares catering events when needed. Works offsite events as needed.
- Implement innovative and fresh ideas in retail, catering and patient services.
- Create interpersonal relationships with clients in hospital.
The skillsets below are also necessary in this high profile role:
- Energetic, polished culinary professional with high end catering and dining experience and a passion for culinary arts.
- Experience with authentic global cuisine is highly desirable.
- A strong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/retail/catering environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading and engaging a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset.
- Menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends.
- Ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers.
- Ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team.
- Ability to creatively and effectively problem-solve and manage projects.
- Proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills.
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
- C.E.C. a plus.