Join our team in Cleveland, OH!
Sodexo is hiring a District Energy Plant Maintenance Director with experience working in an industrial/utilities plant environment at our client, Medical Center Company (MCCo) located in Cleveland, Ohio. MCCo is a district energy facility that provides utility services to their members as a distributive energy system within the Cleveland, OH market. MCCo is not a healthcare/medical facility, it is a power plant.
The Maintenance Director will ensure the power plant's mechanical, electrical, and control and instrument equipment is maintained in a safe, reliable, and efficient operating condition. This applies during day-to-day operations, scheduled outages, and forced outages. The Maintenance Director directs employees and contractors in the repair, maintenance, and improvement of plant mechanical, electrical, and control and instrument equipment, evaluates plant maintenance requirements, and coordinates related work with other plant departments.
Key Responsibilities: Duties include but, not limited to:
- Assist the Plant Management in the development and implementation of an active safety culture, integrating a daily behavior-based process throughout the organization. Support the development of safety programs and preventative maintenance to ensure strict compliance with OSHA regulations. Be a key player in the development, implementation and daily utilization of Job Safety Analyses (JSAs)/Pre-Job Briefs, hazardous work permitting, and safe work practices. Lead and support a safety culture of continuous improvement and compliance.
- Accountable for the plant's maintenance function by scheduling, assigning, directing, and monitoring maintenance work activities to ensure work is performed in a safe, timely, and productive manner on both a daily and long term schedule utilizing MAXIMO as the computerized maintenance management system.
- Integrate quality control/assurance, as well as, job and safety plans in all major maintenance activities.
- Provide maintenance training for the maintenance technicians by presenting instruction on job-related skills and proper equipment repair procedures. Ensure safety is built into each job and work is performed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Implement the System Expert program and have your team members become a subject matter expert in assigned individual and team systems.
- Determine plant maintenance requirements in accordance with industry standards and OEM technical recommendations using MAXIMO to develop and implement the preventive, predictive, condition based, and reliability maintenance programs, as well as, evaluating maintenance work requests and coordinate manpower needs, work prioritizing, parts procurement and equipment scheduled outages.
- Coordinate with the Project Director and Operations Director to perform short-range and long-range planning for scheduled and forced outages by co-leading plant planning meetings and formulating schedules and plans to minimize equipment downtime and ensure timely, efficient and safe repairs.
- Coordinate maintenance work interfaces with other plant departments to accomplish repairs in a timely and safe manner.
- Prepare and maintain material history records required to verify the completion of plant maintenance work and provide historical information for future maintenance planning.
- Investigate and study new ideas, methods and technology related to power plant maintenance. Recommend and implement improvements, which will maximize the efficiency of maintenance work and reduce future maintenance requirements.
- Prepare, recommend and monitor maintenance plans and O&M and capital budgets to ensure adequate funds are available for annual mechanical, electrical, and control and instrument maintenance requirements.
- Provide guidance and assistance to employees in the preparation of maintenance work requests. Review Work Orders for completeness and accuracy and ensure that Work Orders are properly entered and closed out in the Maximo System.
- Facilitate root cause failure analysis as needed utilizing the currently acceptable tool. Implement countermeasures to prevent recurrence of events.
- Assist in the redesign and/or modifications of plant equipment to improve the operation of a device or system.
- Develops and maintains both short term (annual), long term (5 year) maintenance budgets along with collaboration on the Capital Budgets utilizing preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance techniques. Develop and submit, on a monthly and annual basis, variance explanations and re-forecasts.
- Coordinate the planning, acquiring quotes, and ordering of spare parts, developing and maintaining the inventories, critical spares, and consumables as required for supporting the facility.
- Responsible for contractor bids/selection, contractor safety programs, project management for BOP maintenance activities.
- Ability to work long hours as necessary to perform duties and responsibilities of the position in order to maintain reliability and safety of the facility/personnel, as well as, meet all regulatory requirements.
- Ability to be on call 24/7 days a week.
The ideal candidate would possess the following or equivalent:
- Minimum 10 years working in Maintenance with planning/scheduling and outage management experience at a power plant, large energy distribution facility, or industry.
- BS in Engineering or Technical Field preferred (years of experience in lieu of degree is acceptable).
- Demonstrated strong experience working with boilers, chillers, cooling towers, compressors, pumps/motors, valves, actuators, transformers, relays/instrumentation, HV/MV switchgear, breakers, steam/cold water piping, PLCs, control systems, and other industrial equipment/systems is desirable.
- Highly proficient application knowledge (i.e. Microsoft Office suites) is a must, Maximo experience preferred.
- Strong ability to read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, and complex technical procedures/manuals.
- Demonstrated, proven success in a leadership position.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to adjust to different levels of the organization are a must.
- Proven strong ability to manage multiple projects, tasks, issues, etc. successfully is a must.
- Strong organizational and planning skills is a must.
- Experience working in a Bargaining Unit environment is desirable.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to work from heights as required (ladder, scaffolding, sky climber, etc.) Ability to work in confined spaces as required, lift, push, pull and carry heavy objects as required, walking, standing, bending, and climbing as required, and work long hours as necessary to meet the needs to ensure plant reliability, safety, and regulatory requirements.
- Capable of being certified to wear a respirator.
- CPR/First Aid/AED qualified
- Certified Industrial Truck, Aerial Lifts, Rigging/Lifting
- Working Conditions: Work includes time in an office environment, as well as, in a power plant which may be hot, cold, dusty, noisy, inside building, and outdoor in all climates.