Join our team in Cleveland, OH!
Sodexo is hiring a Health & Safety Manager (Unit Safety Manager) with experience working in an industrial/utilities plant environment at our client, Medical Center Company (MCCo) located in Cleveland, Ohio. MCCo is a district energy facility that provides utility services to their members as a distributive energy system within the Cleveland, OH market. The MCCo is not a healthcare/medical facility; it is a power plant.
This Safety Manager will provide support for front-line bargaining unit staff, supervisors and operations along with other contractors and sub-contractors on site. The position will interact with Sodexo's management team, and various client employees on operational matter with discretion and escalating when required. This position will report to the site leadership.
Key Responsibilities: Duties include but, not limited to:
- Management of the MCCo’s Safety Program which includes oversight of all elements of the program such as policy and procedure implementation, training, accident/incident investigations/RCAs and reporting.
- Development of site-specific safety programs, policies, and procedures and training.
- Conduct of H&S audits of MCCo safety practices at the account which includes contractors.
- Leverage your proven leadership and Safety Management expertise to enhance existing (or new) programs.
- Ensure conformance with Sodexo Healthcare FM Safety Program, site safety programs, OSHA, NFPA, NSTM, NSTM, and other regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Ensure Safety Moments are conducted as appropriate during meetings.
- Collaborate with the Safety Committee to lead, drive and promote a strong, inclusive safety culture of compliance and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with the Safety Committee and staff to achieve site OSHA VPP Star status.
- Ensure Sodexo Healthcare FM Safety Training Plan is executed, as well as, development and execution of site specific Safety Training Plan.
- Ensure all instructor led required safety training is completed in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Conduct new hire safety orientation training.
- Develop and implement Contractor Safety Programs.
- Responsible and accountable for development and adherence of the site safety budget and inventory management.
- Responsible and accountable for site Case Management in cooperation with Business Director.
- Accountable for site Global Harmonization/Haz Mat/Haz Waste program, as well as, Asbestos Containing Material Management Plan/Program.
- Accountable for purchasing of all site safety equipment, coordination of all vendors associated with site safety testing/inspections.
- Accountable for site safety preventative maintenance plans and coordination of execution with site Directors.
- Accountable for all site safety records/programs both paper and electronically.
The ideal candidate would possess the following or equivalent:
- Bachelor's degree in safety, safety engineering, engineering, or related field (proven strong, successful experience in lieu of degree acceptable).
- Five years' professional direct Health & Safety management experience in an industrial/utilities plant environment.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA 1910/1926 standards and other pertinent regulatory compliance standards.
- Proven experience in Case Management.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) status preferred but not required.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist a plus.
- OSHA 501/503 certified a plus.
- OSHA VPP experience a plus.
- Behavioral Based Safety experience a plus.
- Human Performance Program experience a plus.
- Prior experience working Maximo MMS system a plus.
- Previous experience working within a Collective Bargaining Unit organization a plus.
- Highly proficient application knowledge (i.e. Microsoft Office suites) is a must.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management is a must.
- Strong organization and planning skills is a must.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to work from heights as required (ladder, scaffolding, sky climber, etc.) Ability to work in confined spaces as required, lift, push, pull and carry heavy objects as required, walking, standing, bending, and climbing as required, and work long hours as necessary to meet the needs to ensure plant reliability, safety, and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work in environmental extremes, hazardous work environments, and be on call 24/7.
- Capable of being certified to wear a respirator.
- CPR/First Aid/AED qualified