Sodexo is an international organization whose mission is to "Improve the Quality of Daily Life for Everyone We Serve".
Sodexo Corporate Services North America is seeking an experienced Catering Manager for our premier, upscale client Marathon Petroleum in Findlay, OH.
The ideal candidate will have excellent client and customer service skills, be able to multi-task, detail orientated lead by example and direct employees in a fast-paced environment. There is daily contact with clients. This unit will cater multiple events at the same time in different locations on multiple campuses. High quality and excellent customer service is a primary focus.
The ideal candidate will have:
Working for Sodexo: Are you ready to start your Sodexo career?
Create environment of amazing hospitality working for Sodexo at Corporate locations gives you the opportunity to help people perform better by improving their daily life in the workplace – what we call Quality of Life. Quality of Life means an environment of respect for people, for wellness and for greater productivity. Quality of Life means a workplace that creates greater efficiency, satisfaction and productivity. It means a business that understands that the wellness of people has a direct connection to the wellness of the organization’s bottom line.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Apply Now! How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.