Sodexo is seeking an entry-level Catering Manger 2 for Lehigh University located in the thriving and vibrant city of Bethlehem Pennsylvania. Lehigh University is a private, four year university that is spread over 3 campuses and is home to over 6,000 undergraduate and graduate students. Bethlehem, PA is a short distance from the Poconos, Philadelphia and New York City which helps attract all demographics to the university and contributes to one of the most diverse students, faculty and staff populations in the area. Lehigh University strives to be the best in all aspects of university life including Dining services. Lehigh Dining is run by a team of the top culinary managers and chefs who strive to improve the lives of students every day. Lehigh Dining has 15 locations spread across the 3 campuses and has an emphasis on over-the-top customer service, innovation, quality food, healthy options and staying ahead of the ever changing trends in the food industry. Also part of the Lehigh Dining portfolio is a concession program which includes two mobile dining restaurants, a food truck and a wood burning pizza cart that not only caters to the Lehigh community but represents Lehigh Dining at a variety of events in the Bethlehem community.
Lehigh Dining includes a top notch Catering program that caters events ranging from tailgates to weddings to Galas and everything in between. With creative and experienced chefs that can tailor a menu using the freshest and highest quality ingredients to meet the customer’s needs, Lehigh Catering can’t be matched!
We are seeking candidates who will:
Consider joining a thriving catering team at Lehigh University!
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.