Sodexo Universities is seeking an experienced Retail Food Service Manager 3/ Restaurant Manager at the University of Albany! Located in Upstate New York, The University at Albany, which is part of the State University of New York (SUNY) system, is an institution that offers more than 50 undergraduate majors and about 120 master's programs. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 12,908, its setting is suburban, and the campus size is 610 acres. The Restaurant Manager will have responsibility for the daily operations of a new, high-volume, pub-style restaurant in the Campus Center. This location will serve wine and beer along with food. This location is a newly renovated addition to the retail operating space on campus catering to students, faculty and VIP clientele, with a projected managed volume of $1.7 million. The Retail Manager 3 will report to the Operations Manager for Retail.
In addition, Sodexo provides resident dining, retail dining, concessions, summer conferences and catering on campus and the Retail Manager 3 may assist, or assume responsibilities at other locations on campus as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
Consider the possibilities to expand your hospitality career within a growing dining program!
Responsible for food quality & customer service in an operation that may have branded concepts or other retail offerings. Directs the work of hourly and supervisory food service workers, as well as other managers.
- Ensures there is a zero harm mindset for ourselves, our customers, our food & employees.
- Directs daily operations of food quality & customer service in a retail food operation that may include branded concepts ensuring that employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources.
- Manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies.
- Maintains client satisfaction for food quality & customer service.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities of food service workers, supervisors & managers.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of work experience in concessions, retail sales, or store operations
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.