Are you an experienced Catering Manager that has a passion for creativity and is looking for an exciting and challenging new position? The Largest HBCU in the country and Sodexo showcase account needs you! If growth and visibility are your goals, then this is your opportunity to achieve it.
Sodexo is seeking an exceptional Catering Manager 3 (Catering Director) for North Carolina A&T State University located in Greensboro, NC!
This catering manager will be responsible for all catered events on campus and will meet with clients, develop menus, work with the culinary team and hire & train wait staff. They will be responsible for the organization and execution of all catering events and have demonstrated knowledge in the details associated with casual and fine dining, and banquet management. Experience directing catering operations, implementing new offerings, and event sales are a plus! Additional skills include experience in high volume activity, employee/staff training, labor management and control systems.
To be successful in this role you MUST have:
Sodexo is among the top 20 largest employers worldwide and prides itself on offering great work-life balance opportunities. Sodexo is a stable company offering robust benefit packages for its employees.
** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION **
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.