The College of New Jersey's Georgian Colonial campus occupies 289 landscaped acres in suburban Ewing, New Jersey. This is a highly selective State School. Near by Cities include Philadelphia and New York City.
The Traditions Restaurant is centrally located on campus in the Brower Student Center. The Restaurant menu was designed by Celebrity Chef Carl Ruiz. This location serves alcohol and hosts events and talent on the Student Center Stage which is located in the restaurant. Traditions is the first full-service restaurant on campus. It also houses the only bar on campus property. This unit is a Union and student staffed Restaurant.
Sodexo on the campus of The College of New Jersey is seeking a Retail Restaurant Manager to be responsible for meeting all of the restaurant's revenue, profitability and quality goals. You will ensure daily restaurant operations and maintain high production, productivity, quality and customer service standards. Duties include, but are not limited to: Deliver superior guest services and ensure absolute customer satisfaction, appraise staff performance and provide feedback to keep a high level of productivity, estimate consumption, forecast requirements and maintain inventory, monitor compliance with food safety and sanitation regulations, control costs, successfully promote and market the brand.
The best qualified candidate will have the following:
Typical work schedule will consist of a five day work week M-F 10-8pm, may include some weekends as business is needed.
Responsible for food quality & customer service in an operation that may have branded concepts or other retail offerings. Directs the work of hourly and supervisory food service workers, as well as other managers.
- Ensures there is a zero harm mindset for ourselves, our customers, our food & employees.
- Directs daily operations of food quality & customer service in a retail food operation that may include branded concepts ensuring that employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources.
- Manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies.
- Maintains client satisfaction for food quality & customer service.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities of food service workers, supervisors & managers.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of work experience in concessions, retail sales, or store operations
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.