This position is titled, Manager of Materials Distribution for the Genesis Healthcare System.
The purpose of this position is to manage the Materials Distribution operations while maintaining high levels of quality and customer satisfaction.
1. Oversees and coordinates activities of Materials Distribution personnel within patient care and ancillary support areas of the hospital and reports any problems to the appropriate personnel. Assigns and prioritizes activities and monitors operating standards.
2. Ensures service quality by maintaining highest level of inventory management, deliveries and auditing.
3. Probes potential problems and apprises Director of status on resolution of problems or issues.
4. Assists in the development of new service(s) for Genesis Healthcare System and implements the program(s).
5. Ensures employees have appropriate equipment and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
6. Attends and participates in cross departmental meetings. Conducts monthly department meetings and weekly staff huddles.
7. Develops department budget in order to control costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, and materials), comply with budget requirements. Makes adjustments when necessary.
8. Responsible for creation, review, and revision of departmental policies and procedures.
9. Ensures licenses and certification for areas of responsibility are current for employees and facilities.
10. Provides training and operational orientation for all new staff members including inventory control, distribution, software and handheld scanner use, fire safety, risk management, infection control, CPR, body mechanics, and oxygen tank safety.
11. Completes appropriate records, reports, and delivery documents, including safety and equipment checklists and itinerary reports.
12. Follows and enforces hospital and departmental policies, particularly: safety, dress, attendance, punctuality, and productivity.
13. Responds to requests/complaints in a timely manner and resolves customer issues with courtesy and compassion.
14. Works effectively with staff to meet constantly changing needs and deliver services that are customer oriented and cost effective.
15. Demonstrates initiative and creativity to continuously improve services, processes and any other activities that affect quality.
16. Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
17. Maintains and communicates departmental reports and initiatives to improve quality and efficiency.
18. Provides positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate.
19. Maintains attendance, payroll, inventory, and training documentation.
20. Attends training as needed and maintains a thorough knowledge of supply chain management, equipment distribution, materials management software, using these systems to create reports, labor optimization, process improvement, and goal achievement
1. Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or High School diploma/GED with current enrollment in a Bachelor’s program.
2. Two (2) years of related work experience, with a good understanding of patient care and hospital supply chain management operations.
3. Two (2) years of prior supervisory or leadership experience.
4. Ability to prioritize and delegate in order to complete multiple, competing tasks and demands, while remaining calm and professional.
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills to convey complex or detailed information to multiple audiences. Ability to negotiate and influence.
6. Ability to gather information from a variety of sources, analyze the information, draw appropriate conclusions, generate viable, alternative solutions to a question or problem, and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative.
7. Ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, positive working relationships with staff, customers and vendors.
8. Must be able to write, understand and speak English and use correct grammar when speaking and writing.
9. Experience using computer software programs such as email and MS Office in a PC/Windows environment as well as math skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to sit, stand, push, pull, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
2. Regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
3. Vision abilities required include up close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
4. May be required to periodically rotate shifts and regular days off. All system employees must be willing to work all shifts, extra hours, holidays and emergency shifts as required.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.
Genesis HealthCare System Mission: To provide compassionate quality healthcare
Implement procedures in the areas of procurement, inventory control, receiving, storage and distribution, of supplies throughout the location. Generally oversees all areas of shipping and receiving at a client location. Supports a GM in the managing of the department.
- Manage, supervise, train and engage staff, frontline
- Establish and maintain customer and client relationships
- Directs programs to purchase, store, account for and distribute materials to include mail, packages, components of production, potentially controlled substances, gases, lab supplies
- Maintains safety program in accordance with client and Sodexo safety criteria to ensure compliance
- Manages Labor and supply cost in adherence to budget
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years of experience in Materials Management or Logistics
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.