Relocation assistance is available with this opportunity!
Sodexo Campus Services is seeking a Food Service Manager for Coe College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Enrollment is about 1350 with 950 on meal plans. The successful candidate would maintain a close relationships with client, staff and students. This position requires strong leadership skills. This position will work close with Executive Chef and General Manager for all food production needs as well as staffing needs. They will supervise up to 20 Sodexo employees. This position will work a varied schedule due to campus events and needs.
The successful candidate:
The successful candidate will have at least 1 year of food or culinary lead/supervisory experience with a focus on staff development, a strong working knowledge of food production operations, ability to motivate employees, as well as excellent leadership and customer service skills.
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.