Job #67786 - Sodexo is seeking an entry level Food Service Manager (II) for The Oaks at Menorah Park in Syracuse, NY. This location is in Central NY and part of the Jewish Home of Central New York; a Continuing Care Retirement Community.
In this role, you report to the General Manager and responsible; the HACCP process in order to achieve zero deficiencies during self-audits and Department of Health Inspections. Your inspired hands on employee training and development will produce timely and positive dining experiences and well planned catered events that delight Residents and exceed Client expectations.
Your Skill Check List for this position:
Background in food production and dining room service
Experience with Senior Dining, training for proper table service
Some catering and special event experience
Working knowledge of HACCP and kitchen safety programs
Hands on; front and back of the house food service experience
Working knowledge of web based programs
Will assist with the management of 40 union employees
Typical schedule runs 7am-3pm with rotating weekends / holidays
Residents are the heart of everything we do and we welcome you to join our team!
Menorah Park, Syracuse, New York; http://menorahparkofcny.com/
Sodexo Benefits at a glance; http://bit.ly/12E1uUf
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Services http://www.sodexousa.com/usen/careers/careers.aspx
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry devices http://m.sodexo.jobs/jobs_app.htm
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.