Seeking a Production Manager / Chef Manager for Resident Dining for long tenured and prestigious account....
**Relocation Assistance Available for this opportunity**
Sodexo Universities segment is seeking a talented and creative Production Manager II / Chef Manager to join our strong team at Texas Christian University. TCU is a private showcase account located in Fort Worth, Texas. Reporting to our Executive Chef, the Production Manager / Chef Manager oversees high volume kitchen production/operations of the Resident dining program serving 7000 meals a day! With a large focused on fresh foods, our Production Manager / Chef Manager will work with the Executive Chef to prepare orders, manage culinary production and supervise our skilled back of the house associates. Other duties include, but not limited to, menu planning, hands-on food preparation, inventory, purchasing, food and labor costing, training, mentoring and supervision of 25 to 50 union hourly associates.
Our successful candidate is preferred to have at least 3 year culinary experience, experience working in a high volume environment, a strong working knowledge of food safety & sanitation guidelines, ability to work in a fast paced environment, computer literacy as well as excellent communication and customer service skills.
Come join Sodexo Education, the leading campus dining provider,
serving more than 600 higher education campuses throughout the country!
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Serviceshttp://www.sodexousa.com/usen/careers/careers.aspx
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.