The Sodexo Laundry division in Cincinnati, OH is looking to hire a qualified Operations Manager with a strong laundry technical and operation background to provide leadership and strategic direction.
Responsibilities include management and operation of a 22 million pound laundry facility. Directs daily plant operations. Ensures orders are filled to meet client expectations while maintaining a tight production operations summary.
Support safety and workplace diversity initiatives.
Experience working in an industrial laundry setting is a plus.
Reports to General Manager.
Sodexo is the leading provider of food and facilities management.
Number two position at a very large laundry plant. Responsible for laundries, engineering and transportation. Assumes General Manager's responsibilities and authority in his/her absence. Supervises managers. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. May serve as a number one position leading/running laundry/linen operations services inside a small account. Reports to a General Manager level position. Position has day-to-day responsibility for all aspects of laundry operations.
- Directs daily laundry service operations to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, training, licenses and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
- Probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sdx resource when necessary. Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Manages, trains, develops managers and/or hourly employees. Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel).
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by ensuring compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and with standards and procedures for the handling and storage of hazardous materials and/or waste.
- Assists in the development of new business service(s) for the client and implements the service program(s). Manages the budget by controlling costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, and materials), complying with budget requirements and making adjustments when necessary.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years of production experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.