Sodexo Universities is seeking an experienced Retail Food Production Manager 3 at the University of Albany! Located in Upstate New York, The University at Albany, which is part of the State University of New York (SUNY) system, is an institution that offers more than 50 undergraduate majors and about 120 master's programs. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 12,908, its setting is suburban, and the campus size is 610 acres.
Reporting to the Executive Chef for Retail Dining, the Food Production Manager 3 will support all purchasing, inventory and back of house responsibilities for the daily operations of a new, high-volume kitchen for our retail food locations on campus catering to students, faculty and VIP clientele; with a projected managed volume of $1.7M. The campus retail program is comprised of a mix of national, local and Sodexo branded food concepts. This position will oversee food safety/sanitation in a large kitchen and will assume all responsibilities in the absence of the Executive Chef for Retail Dining.
In addition, Sodexo provides resident dining, concessions, summer conferences and catering on campus and the Retail Production Manager may assist, or assume responsibilities at other locations on campus as needed. We are seeking candidates who will: Have experience in volume kitchen operations, inventory and ordering standards, knowledge of Sodexo systems, the ability to supervise and work with between 30-50 front-line staff.
This is an excellent opportunity for growth within a large-scale food service operation!
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a large facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.