Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager for Dean College located in Franklin, MA.
The position requires that you meet with all the clients, mainly the Director of Events for the college. All service is high level catering. The unit has upscale equipment. This is a small unit with small volume with very high expectations. You are required to be the banquet server in smaller events and in larger events we have two servers hired here and we use Sodexo help in the area.
Sodexo at Dean College is looking for a very talented and energetic Catering Manager for its upscale operations. This is a unique position, as the person must display great sales technique and work in dual roles as a banquet manager, doing set up and delivery, as well. This is an operation with very high expectations in quality and service, without a high volume of sales. We have two very well trained servers that are a part of our team to assist in larger events.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced Catering Manager we’re seeking?
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.