Sign On Bonus Available! Join us in Troy, NY!
Sodexo Healthcare is seeking an experienced General Manager 3 to lead Environmental Services/Custodial operations at Samaritan Hospital located in upstate New York in Troy, New York. Troy is approximately 3 hours North of New York City and 3 hours West of Boston, MA. Samaritan Hospital is a general medical and surgical hospital licensed for 212 beds. The facility is currently expanding and will be opening a new inpatient pavilion and an expanded emergency department along with additional renovations in the near future. Samaritan Hospital is part of St. Peter’s Health Partners, the region's largest and most comprehensive not-for-profit network of advanced medical care, primary care, rehabilitation and senior services.
Seeking candidates that have a passion for driving and improving the patient experience. Our ideal candidate will have prior operational responsibility for an Environmental Services department. Exceptional communication, unit financial, interpersonal and technical skills are necessary. Prior Healthcare custodial experience with Sodexo programs including Web UFS, CARES, ENGAGE and Gold Checks is desired. The ability to support and build relationships with clients, employees and the local community is a must.
Sodexo offers you a competitive salary, paid training, extensive education and continuous learning opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package designed with work-life balance in mind that includes 3 weeks of vacation during the first year of employment.
Do you have the drive and determination to take this account to the world class level? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.