Sodexo is seeking an Environmental Services/ Custodial GM4 for Lahey Hospital & Medical Center. Lahey is a 326 bed facility that is in search of a General Manager for the overall operations of the Environmental Services Department. The position reports directly to the Client VP, Operations. We are Looking for an individual with healthcare management experience in the support service arena with a passion for working in environmental services.
Ideal candidate will have prior housekeeping experience and have functional knowledge of Sodexo UOS, TRAKKAR, labor management and Sodexo Quality Improvement processes. This individual will be responsible for managing a team of 3 Managers, 3 Supervisors and 2 Administrative support staff as well as front line 127 FTE’s while maintaining a strong client relationship with the hospital. Preferred candidates will have excellent customer service skills. This manager will place a large focus on the patient experience, customer service, team work, and positively affecting patient satisfaction scores.
At Sodexo Health Care, patients are the heart of everything we do. Our ability to create a clean, healthy and comfortable environment for hospitals is key to the success of our company.
When Frank Lahey, MD, founded a group practice in 1923, his vision was unique: Every component of a patient's health care would be coordinated under one roof. Today, Lahey Hospital & Medical Center still offers a distinctive patient experience.
With its longstanding culture of specialized teams directly available to individual patients, and a work ethic that combines the highest competence with the utmost compassion, Lahey is unique among medical centers and teaching hospitals-because Lahey teams do more than care for you. They treat you right.
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a physician-led, nonprofit group practice. More than 500 physicians and 5,000 nurses, therapists and other support staff work together to provide compassionate care and superior patient outcomes. Lahey's multidisciplinary approach allows patients access to preeminent physicians from virtually every medical specialty, who cooperate to develop personalized treatment plans for each patient.
From advanced technology to research and medical education, Lahey Hospital & Medical Center combines the renowned specialty resources of its medical centers with top-quality primary care services at community-based practices throughout northeastern Massachusetts.
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, Burlington, encompasses an ambulatory care center serving more than 3,000 patients each day and a 335-bed hospital. Lahey Medical Center, Peabody, serves more than 800 outpatients each day and includes a 10-bed hospital. Both feature 24-hour emergency departments, and an American College of Surgeons verified Level II Trauma Center is based at the Burlington facility.
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.