Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 3 / Environmental Services for East Cooper Medical Center located in Charleston, SC. This 150-bed, full service, acute care medical facility has been providing high quality medical care to the greater Charleston community and Low Country region for more than 5 years. Located just one hour west of Hilton Head, SC.
This position will direct two Sodexo Operations Managers and 35 Sodexo frontline employees. Will need to motivate hourly staff and maintain cleaning quality to a very high level. Driving client engagement and patient/employee satisfaction is essential for the success of this role. The selected candidate will have prior operational responsibility for an Environmental Services department. The ability to network and build relationships with staff and possess strong employee relations skills is required. Exceptional communication, unit financial, interpersonal and technical skills are necessary. Prior Health Care custodial experience with Sodexo programs including, Web UFS, Goldchecks, FOSS, CARES, ENGAGE, TRAKKAR and SHINE is preferred.
At Sodexo Health Care patients are at the heart of everything we do. Our ability to create a clean, healthy and comfortable environment is critical to the full patient experience. We deliver our promise through experienced on-site management and a motivated staff.
High Visibility. Challenging Opportunities. Rewarding Environment. Apply to this job today and become a GM of EVS. We foster an environment where employees are family, where the work is invigorating and satisfying, and where we share common values and a commitment to your future – your quality of life.
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.