Sodexo is looking for an energetic Environmental Services Area General Manager for Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in Torrance, Ca. This position will lead the Day-to-Day operations of the Environmental Services department for two locations Providence Little Company of Mary San Pedro, and Providence Little Company of Mary Torrance by directing all housekeeping & Linen operations, and Supervise all cleaning personnel. Will also be responsible for maintaining payroll records, and schedules. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Must have prior contractor experience with proven track record in health care ES managing multiple accounts within a region. Relocation is not offered at this time.
It is preferred that the ideal candidate will have prior experience in a Hospital environment, strong client/employee relationship-building skills and possess the ability to manage direct reports in multiple locations on the campus, handle multiple priorities, quickly grasp situations and logically progress through solutions, the ability to refine systems ensuring sustained effort of achieving standards, and follow through and visibility within the facility. Demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge of Environmental Services operations in the Health-care as an Manager, Sodexo programs and systems (TRAKKAR, UOS, Gold Checks, etc) as well as customer and employee relationship skills. Strong project management, analytical, communications and computer (Excel, Word and Power-Point) skills are needed for this role in conjunction with a comprehensive understanding of Sodexo’s corporate and CARES cultures.
The candidate must be/have:
The “Hands-On” manager primarily handles day to day operational functions and ensures unit level, corporate, employee relations, safety, training, and unit operating systems compliance. Managing in a strong union environment is a plus but not a requirement.
Required: Good working knowledge of state & federal employment law; solid computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; good communication and presentation skills; detailed oriented, and well organized.
High energy for fast paced environment. Client engagement and patient satisfaction is essential for the success of this role. This position is Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m may include some weekends and holidays.
Come be a part of Sodexo where patients are the heart of everything we do!www.sodexousa.com
Functions as the in-unit leader for multiple accounts and/or contracts within a defined geography. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of a multi-site.
- Monitors operations by planned and unplanned visits to each operating account of the system to plan projects, implement new processes, client interactions, and new technology to ensure sufficient resources.
- Develops business plan and budget w/each account GM that supports the System and District goals – Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data and other financial information to ensure attainment of financial goals for both the client and Sodexo.
- Central Point of Contact for Client Liaison promoting a solid business partnership - assists in contract negotiations for the system.
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards – reviews and maintains reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership to the respective units within the system to maintain client satisfaction and retention
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.