The University of Pittsburgh is a large urban campus with an enrollment of 28,000 students. Sodexo provides residential dining, retail, catering, club and sports & leisure on dining venues on campus with a total volume of $43 million annually.
Sodexo at UPitt's Cathedral Cafe operates a retail food court area with a total volume of $2.7 million annually. This is a highly visible location and requires a food service professional who possesses exceptional client and customer communication skills!
Concepts offered include a Chick Fil A, Sushi Station, Deli, Salad and a Grill station. There is a “We Proudly brew” Starbucks location outside the café. All excellent dining options for our students!
The position will direct daily food service operations and will oversee 35 hourly employees, an Assistant Salaried Manager and an hourly Supervisor.
Are you the seasoned Retail Food Service Manager we're seeking?
The ideal candidate will have:
Responsible for food quality & customer service in an operation that may have branded concepts or other retail offerings. Directs the work of hourly and supervisory food service workers, as well as other managers.
- Ensures there is a zero harm mindset for ourselves, our customers, our food & employees.
- Directs daily operations of food quality & customer service in a retail food operation that may include branded concepts ensuring that employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources.
- Manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies.
- Maintains client satisfaction for food quality & customer service.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities of food service workers, supervisors & managers.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of work experience in concessions, retail sales, or store operations
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.