Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager at Franklin Pierce University in Rindge, NH.
The position requires that you meet with all the clients. Catering services include 25% high level catering. The Catering Manager supports other areas of the operation to include Operations in Resident/Retail Dining, Conference Services and the Administrative staff.
The campus is home to 1,460 enrolled students.
This would be a great opportunity for someone with Catering experience. If you have experience at all service levels from coffee services, served meals, drop-offs to Presidential events and everything in between. Proven ability to plan, coordinate, setup and execute high profile specialty events numerous times during the year. Ability to navigate and network with a broad client base with multi-tasking a key to be a success in a very visible and hands on environment. Organizational and planning skills as well as experience overseeing events are areas where the candidates need to have a proven track record and can speak to this experience in detail and solid examples. Keen interest of food, trends and unique presentations as well as desire to establish new looks, tastes and flavors in this operation.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced Catering Manager we’re seeking?
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.