Sodexo has a new opening for an Accounting Specialist in the Client Balance Sheet department at our Financial Service Center in Cheektowaga, NY. The Accounting specialist will support accounting related functions and assist in the implementation of the Health Care Strategy and Transformation. The role will also support accounting functions for Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) initiatives supporting the Vizient GPO strategy and other GPO’s support (80%), additional Management Accounting functions (20%).
GPO Strategy (80%)
- Support Vizient client roll out schedule through 2020
- Dual contract maintenance for units transitioned to Vizient and others in alternate GPO memberships.
- Maintenance of SAP GPO Tab for client and GPO contractual terms and contract interpretation
- Maintenance and setup of clients and GPO’s in GCPS
- Suhpport payment approvals in GPO and Client Payment System (GCPS)
- Check and client report distribution
- Calculate manual estimated top up accruals quarterly since actuals are only paid annually
- Calculate and record revenue recognition for payments made by GCPS and client contracts using sub family rebate functionality.
- Manual Calculation and payment of ~7 GPO’s admin Fees
- Perform manual retro calculations for contracts not submitted timely as well as manual client reports
- Support inquiries into payments and calculations from GPO Finance, Value Analysis Team, and Operations
- As Needed, Learn TOAD and SQL for GCPS support, calculation analysis and supply management data
- Provide technical support and interpretation for GPO contracts and data mining
- Manage other GPO payments process for Med Pricer, HPG, IPC and regional purchasing programs
- Analyze and reconcile current automated accounting calculations to manual calculations to align more appropriately.
- Support long term project management to automate admin fee payments for Vizient, Med Pricer, HPG etc. with IT support
- Support long term project management to automate rebate payments for HPG, Med Pricer etc. with IT support
- Support phase II of GCPS to enhance client and internal reporting and other enhancements as tool is enabled
Other responsibilities of this position (20%)