Sodexo Aviation has an exciting opening for the new UNITED Polaris Business Lounge Club Operations Manager at Newark International Airport. Lounge is Dedicated space for Business class passenger to relax and rejuvenate to enjoy chef creative dishes from the buffet or pre-flight dining menu or ordering from the Bar serving premium wine and spirits.
We are seeking a dynamic, energetic and experienced Restaurant Manager to be part of a creating memorable dining experience for guest.
We are looking for candidates who will:
As the Lounge Operations Manager, you will have responsibility for insuring excellent front of house guest services for this first class lounge. We are seeking a seasoned hospitality leader with food service knowledge as well as experience managing Bartenders and alcohol service. The members in these private clubs expect & deserve 5 star service. Do you have an eye for detail, the ability to manage high end lounge F&B service and motivation to develop a strong team? Responsible for approx. 100 hourly employees.
If you have 5 Star Service passion and experience managing F&B services in an upscale Hospitality venue, we want to hear from you! Learn more about the new United Polaris lounges:https://youtu.be/EXAzQJQzNx8
The ideal candidate has:
Provides supervision of two or more core services at a client site to ensure client satisfaction and retention. Implements strategies to meet Client and Company objectives and achieve profitable growth. Ensures high customer satisfaction through developing team members and delivering quality services.
- Directs daily operation of two or more core services at a site to ensure employees have appropriate equipment and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Assists in the development of new business service(s) for the client and implements the service program(s).
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by ensuring compliance with Sodexho safety and loss prevention programs and with standards and procedures for the handling and storage of hazardous materials and/or waste and complies with all government regulations.
- Manages the budget by controlling costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, materials), complying with budget requirements and making adjustments when necessary.
- Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
- Promotes and supports workplace diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities (e.g., maintenance, plant operations, engineering services, grounds, custodial/environmental, or transportation) or food (e.g., food services or operations, concessions, retail sales, store operations, or vending) services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.