Sodexo is looking for a Food Operations Manager in Brooklyn, NY
This position will have a duration of up to 12 months with the ability to post to permanent roles during this time frame.
Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager to support our Retail and Operations at the account. This person will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day front operations to include, a high volume, fast paced retail environment that has a Starbucks, Cafe and Gift shop, We are seeking an energetic manager to guide staff, respond to customer needs, provide top customer service and strive toward serving quality meals in a clean fresh environment.
Maimonides Medical Center is at the forefront of innovation in medical science and is the largest hospital in Brooklyn – the most populous borough in New York City.
The Maimonides Heart & Vascular Center ranks among the top 1% of hospitals in the US for heart attack and heart failure patient outcomes.
The Surgery Department at Maimonides has experts in all major specialties. Our Cardiac, Neuro, Orthopedic, Thoracic and Urologic surgery divisions are among the best in the nation, with superb Anesthesiology Services, advanced imaging technology and next-generation Operating Rooms.
The accredited Maimonides Cancer Center is the only full-service center in Brooklyn, providing all treatment modalities and specialties. Our highly regarded Breast Center is home to a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.
Maimonides is a state-designated Regional Perinatal Center, accepting high-risk maternity patients – a reflection of our expertise in Obstetrics and Neonatology. More babies are born at Maimonides than at any other hospital in New York State.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.