Are you an experienced Catering Manager that has a passion for excellence and is looking for an exciting and challenging new position? Look no further!
Sodexo University Dining is seeking an exceptional Catering Manger 3 to round out our catering management team at the University at Albany in Albany, NY! This Catering Manager will help oversee an innovative, high-end catering program for our high-profile client as well as oversee the day to day catering scheduling/technical delivery of campus catering.
This Catering Manager will create elegant and sophisticated catering experiences that exceed culinary and service expectations while enhancing client program objectives. This position is responsible for the organization and execution of catering events and will work closely with our talented Executive Chef and catering team. Catering can range from light coffee/refreshment service to plated events with china service. Position reports to the Director of Catering.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the organization and execution of all level of catering events and will have demonstrated knowledge in casual, fine dining and banquet management, as well as strong writing, costing, menu development and pricing skills. Experience with directing catering operations, Banquet Catering Wait Staff, buffet lines, and all day break services highly desired. Additional skills include experience with high volume activity, employee/staff training, labor management and system implementation.
This is an excellent opportunity for career growth within a growing and thriving catering department!
The ideal candidate will have:
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.