From the Gulf of Mexico to the Arctic Ocean and from the Pacific Coast to the Atlantic, Sodexo provides Quality of Life Services that support the needs of our clients in the Energy & Resources market segments, reinforcing client operations in both onshore and offshore environments.
Sodexo Energy and Resources is seeking a Food Production Manager 2 to provide oversight for food service on a BP oil rig, which is accessed by helicopter from a heliport in Houma, Louisiana. Reporting directly to the General Manager on-site, this manager will have oversight of 10 non-union, hourly employees and will typically work a schedule of three or four weeks on/three or four weeks off.
Food service management will involve oversight of staff in a galley kitchen where a cycle menu is produced, feeding 300 persons on board.
Primary Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
**Ensuring a safe work environment on this oil rig is of paramount importance and will be a #1 priority for this Manager. An understanding of the basics of the oil and gas industry and the oil rig environment is a must.**
Successful candidates will demonstrate experience, success and proficiency in the following areas:
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.