Join our growing team in Albany, New York!
Sodexo Healthcare is hiring an experienced General Manager 2 to lead Environmental Services/Custodial operations at Albany Memorial Hospital located in Albany, New York. Albany Memorial Hospital is part of St. Peter’s Health Partners, the region's largest and most comprehensive not-for-profit network of advanced medical care, primary care, rehabilitation and senior services. Albany Memorial is a full-service, community hospital licensed for 165 beds. http://www.sphp.com/amh
This General Manager will direct and develop a team of up to 25 Environmental Services hourly employees and 1 Sodexo Manager. Overall, this position will motivate staff and maintain cleaning quality to a very high level. Driving client engagement and patient/employee satisfaction is essential for the success of this role.
Our ideal candidate will have prior operational responsibility for an Environmental Services department with direct Manager reports and front-line staff. Exceptional communication, unit financial, interpersonal and technical skills are necessary. Prior experience with Sodexo programs including Web UFS, CARES, ENGAGE and Gold Checks is desired. The ability to support and build relationships with clients, employees and the local community is a must.
Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Sodexo offers you a competitive salary, paid training, extensive education and continuous learning opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package designed with work-life balance in mind that includes 3 weeks of vacation during the first year of employment.
Get to know the area: https://www.albany.org/
Looking to showcase your leadership skills for a career in Environmental Services? Sodexo is hosting a Career Fair on April 4th in Albany. Contact Amy Collins for details and learn how to participate: email@example.com
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience – 3 years
Basic Functional Experience – 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.