Are you a seasoned finance/accounting leader with strong fundamentals in P & Ls, managing multiple unit's financials -including financial reporting, accruals,audits, budgeting and analyzing business trends? If so, Sodexo may be looking for you!
Sodexo Campus West is seeking an experienced Unit Controller to oversee accounting and financial matters for multiple cost centers for our Food Services at Pepperdine University campus in beautiful Malibu, CA. Pepperdine University is located on 830 acres of hillside overlooking Malibu beaches and Santa Monica (12 miles away) while the Pacific Ocean laps nearly at our doorstep. Sodexo’s Food Service operations at Pepperdine University include: Multiple Retail Operations including in house brands and franchise brands serving upwards to 7,5000 transactions daily, High Volume Catering, and Concessions - . This is a High Profile account with a High level client interaction.
This role reports to the General Manager and works very closely with the University Finance Manager; will have financial responsibility for 13 cost centers and over $ 11M managed volume. This position requires a professional, independent individual that can make decisions and reach out to resources without constant guidance and management interaction. Day to day, this position will be responsible for accounts payable/receivable, cash control and handling, internal audits and financial reporting, creating weekly cash reports, invoice reconciliation, creating weekly and monthly financial reports and safe audits, and managing client billings. If selected, you will participate in continuous process improvements for increasing revenues and decreasing costs.
The ideal Unit Controller will
Ideally, an internal Sodexo finance professional would be preferred, however, would consider someone outside of contract food management who has managed high volume, multi-unit, multi-million dollar accounts within the food or hospitality industry. Exceptional computer skills (excel, word, outlook) are required.
Manages all accounting and financial matters for large multi-size national account or a large complex single location account
- Examine Unit financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Examine financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Analyze and interpret budgeting trends.
- Assist in the implementation of corrective action plans developed during an audit. Assist in the monthly/quarterly/year-end close process to ensure accuracy and integrity of results at the unit/district/region/division level. Plan or assist in planning annual or project-specific budgets
- Generate special reports and respond to data requests from management. Prepare and review reports and other written documentation. Actively listen to concerns and requests of customers and strategic partners, which helps to identify their needs and requirements and to resolve their problems.
- Perform unit audits. Perform ad hoc financial analysis for Unit/District management. Participate in the audit process, including assisting in identifying and resolving audit-related issues.
- Conduct training on internal controls. Train accountants and field in contract interpretation, accounting procedures, system applications, and other areas
- Provide Unit management with recommendations for action and/or modifications to financial procedures, plans, and controls. Provide support to GM's/DM's/RVP's/DVP's in order to ensure accurate results and help improve profitability. Provide support in resolving client billing issues, and managing and collecting receivables.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics, including operating and administrative budgets. Ensure that assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses for responsibility area are accurately reported and accounted. Ensure audits address areas of concern relative to the goals, performance objectives, and impact of economic, financial, and managerial programs in conformance with Company policies and procedures.
- Interact with Buffalo FSC and clients to resolve invoicing and payment/remittance issues.
- Maintain records and reports necessary to comply with Company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes.
- Driving the zero harm mindset
Basic Education Requirement – Associate's Degree
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years in accounting, finance or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.