At Sodexo we believe that Quality of Daily Life contributes to the progress of individuals and the performance of organizations. Sodexo designs, manages and delivers comprehensive service solutions through On-site Service Solutions and Motivation Solutions to create an outstanding experience for the people we serve.
Sodexo is currently seeking Food Operations Manager/Registered Dietitian, to join our food services healthcare team at Stanford Hospital, in Palo Alto, California. The Food Operations Manager/Registered Dietitian is a high level, strategic management position that will report directly to the Sr. Area General Manager and will be responsible for day to day oversight of patient food service satisfaction, operational effectiveness and project management at this unit.
Additional Job Responsibilities include:
If this describes your background, we want to hear from you!
Stanford University Hospital is a world renowned academic medical center situated in Palo Alto between San Francisco and San Jose. The hospital has 600 beds, over 2000 nurses and 2000 medical staff. The mission of the hospital is to care, to educate and to innovate. The vision of the hospital is “Healing humanity through science and compassion one patient at a time.” Food Service is a shared service for both Stanford Hospital and the adjacent Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital (235 beds). #LI
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Take a sneak peak at how SODEXO can contribute to your well-being by visiting our Benefits Center! #LI
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Assumes General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in his/her absence
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.