Sodexo Healthcare is seeking a Food Retail Manager 3 at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center located in Cincinnati, Ohio. Cincinnati Children's is a large children's hospital with 600+ beds and more than 13,000 employees. Unit has 'At Your Request' Room Service, large volume Fresh Inspirations Cafe, 8 offsite Cafe's, and Catering. Total managed volume is $16M with $11M in annual retail sales.
This position is responsible for the main retail location, which is a 24 hour/ 7day per week operation with sales of 8 million dollars annually. The position is responsible for scheduling the staff of this location, and will work with the AM / off site manager. This position will work with hospital HR for hiring a team that is focused on customer service.
The Retail Manager 3 will oversee the main campus retail outlet and will drive retail standards and customer satisfaction. The position will report to the Retail Operations Manager and have approximately 20 direct report staff. The ideal candidate will be an experienced food service leader who demonstrates an excellent customer focus and exceptional process and systems skills. Previous experience in a healthcare environment is a plus. The Hospital is ranked third among all Honor Roll hospitals in the 2016 U.S. News & World Report survey of best children's hospitals.
This position will close the main cafeteria so the primary shift will run from 9:00am to 6:00pm.
Sodexo may require a pre-employment investigation of your criminal conviction history, educational background, past employment, and activities that may relate in any way to your potential fitness for employment. In addition, you may be required to take and pass a drug test or participate in a medical screening, such as TB or respiratory testing, depending on the position and type of unit at issue.
Responsible for food quality & customer service in an operation that may have branded concepts or other retail offerings. Directs the work of hourly and supervisory food service workers, as well as other managers.
- Ensures there is a zero harm mindset for ourselves, our customers, our food & employees.
- Directs daily operations of food quality & customer service in a retail food operation that may include branded concepts ensuring that employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources.
- Manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies.
- Maintains client satisfaction for food quality & customer service.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities of food service workers, supervisors & managers.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of work experience in concessions, retail sales, or store operations
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.