Bethune-Cookman University is a historic HBCU located in sunny Daytona Beach, Florida. With 2600 boarders and enrollment close to 5000, Bethune-Cookman Dining services is positioned for tremendous growth in the next year, with 4 new retail concepts in 3 locations. The new retail manager will be hands on in planning and opening these locations for the Fall 2018 semester. These new locations will feature nationally branded concepts including We Proudly Serve Starbucks, Burrito Bowl, freshens, and an in house convenience store. This will be a great opportunity to build the retail program from the ground up with ownership of the process from start to finish for the right candidate. Experience opening new locations and HBCU experience preferred.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will manage:
The ideal candidate will have the following:
****Relocation Assistance Offered with this position****
Responsible for food quality & customer service in an operation that may have branded concepts or other retail offerings. Directs the work of hourly & supervisory food service workers.
- Ensures there is a zero harm mindset for ourselves, our customers, our food & employees.
- Directs daily operations of food quality & customer service in a retail food operation that may include branded concepts ensuring that employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources.
- Manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies.
- Maintains client satisfaction for food quality & customer service.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities of food service workers.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.