Are you looking for your career to SHINE? Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager 3 for our University account at Weber State University. Located in Ogden, Utah on the western flank of the Rockies, Weber State is a Division 1 University and offers Resident Dining, Food Retail formats, Catering and Concessions. The Catering Manager will oversee a busy catering department – events ranging from basic catering, to summer conferences, to high-end plated dinners to banquets. While most catering is on campus, we are poised to grow additional catering business off campus and a growing conference business. Looking for a creative, food focused, talent for presentation, detail oriented, great customer service focus, and strong communication skillls.
The ideal candidate will:
Ogden Utah is a suburban community located on the foothills of the Waswatch mountain range, offers excellent outdoor activities abound including world class skiing, hiking, biking and hunting. Salt Lake City is just 30 minutes away.
** RELOCATION assistance is available! **
Sound like the career path for you? APPLY TODAY!
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.