Sodexo Universities is seeking an experienced and skilled Unit Controller III to support a complex account at North Carolina A&T State University located in Greensboro, North Carolina.
North Carolina A&T State University, is a public, coeducational, historically black, research university located in Greensboro, North Carolina. This position will have direct financial oversight for the account and work closely with the General Manager and District Manager to analyze month-end reporting, provide variance explanations and corrective action plans as needed, annual budgeting and monthly re-forecasting and execute the accounts receivable process from contracting thru collections, enters weekly accounts payables, produce weekly financial reconciliation, and investigate and correct variances for this $12M account including resident dining, retail, catering and concessions. In addition, The Unit Controller III will also analyze operating and financial statement information, as well as analyze, develop, document, and implement departmental accounting policies, procedures, and systems, and make recommendations for improvement, and maintain accuracy of databases to produce accurate financial results, including contractual liabilities, train and mentor others on the financial acumen of this account. The position reports directly to the District Manager.
Relocation offered with this position
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
Manages all accounting and financial matters for large multi-size national account or a large complex single location account
- Examine Unit financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Examine financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Analyze and interpret budgeting trends.
- Assist in the implementation of corrective action plans developed during an audit. Assist in the monthly/quarterly/year-end close process to ensure accuracy and integrity of results at the unit/district/region/division level. Plan or assist in planning annual or project-specific budgets
- Generate special reports and respond to data requests from management. Prepare and review reports and other written documentation. Actively listen to concerns and requests of customers and strategic partners, which helps to identify their needs and requirements and to resolve their problems.
- Perform unit audits. Perform ad hoc financial analysis for Unit/District management. Participate in the audit process, including assisting in identifying and resolving audit-related issues.
- Conduct training on internal controls. Train accountants and field in contract interpretation, accounting procedures, system applications, and other areas
- Provide Unit management with recommendations for action and/or modifications to financial procedures, plans, and controls. Provide support to GM's/DM's/RVP's/DVP's in order to ensure accurate results and help improve profitability. Provide support in resolving client billing issues, and managing and collecting receivables.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics, including operating and administrative budgets. Ensure that assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses for responsibility area are accurately reported and accounted. Ensure audits address areas of concern relative to the goals, performance objectives, and impact of economic, financial, and managerial programs in conformance with Company policies and procedures.
- Interact with Buffalo FSC and clients to resolve invoicing and payment/remittance issues.
- Maintain records and reports necessary to comply with Company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes.
- Driving the zero harm mindset
Basic Education Requirement – Associate's Degree
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years in accounting, finance or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.